We’re well into the new year, and already plenty of people have strayed from their goals and their overall business resolutions. Whether you made resolutions for the new year or just recently set up some goals, here are ten tips to help you stay on the right path for your company.
1. Get Specific – A goal of ‘I want my business to succeed’ isn’t clear enough. Instead, set up specific measurable data that you want to achieve – earn X dollars per month, for instance.
2. Write Down Your Goals – From a whiteboard to Google reminders to a post it note stuck to your computer, having a list of goals that you can cross out gives you satisfaction while also giving you something to be accountable to.
3. Add Apps! – There are plenty of apps out there that help with things like fitness or health, but there are plenty more that let you track business goals and focus your attention on specific things – as well as those that make it easier to reach the goals you set for yourself. Add the right apps to your life.
4. Break Down Your Goals – Don’t focus on one big goal. Instead, break it down into smaller bite-sized sections that you can reach faster. You’ll stay more motivated.
5. Get In A Routine – We’re creatures of habit, and if you set up a daily routine you’ll find that it’s easier to get in a groove and stay there.
6. Keep Energy Up – Exercise and eat properly to maintain higher energy levels that will keep you going towards your goals.
7. Team Up – Whether it’s adding new team members to a project or finding a mentor, if you work alongside others you’ll stay more motivated and get guidance that could help you succeed.
8. Back Away – When you know your limits, it helps you gain clarity. Don’t be afraid to step back from a project for a short time to get a new perspective on it.
9. Stay Accountable – You need to be accountable for your goals and your beliefs. Always remember this.
10. Treat Yourself – Whether it’s a glass of wine, a trip to the ice cream shop, or a short vacation, be sure to treat yourself when you reach your goals or when you noticeably move towards them. It makes a huge difference.